The main jobs were;
- Planting 'Elephant Garlic'
- Planting some of the strawberry runners from this year - a runner is a piece of strawberry plant that 'runs' from the plant and puts roots into the soil when it finds some... they were potted, and are now back planted in the strawberry patch!
- Burning off some old wood that had been on site since we took over the plot
- Making a barrier at the end of the path to prevent soil loss from when we cut back the bottom path to pass the survey
- Turning the compost heap - to allow the compost to 'breathe' - letting air in so it can compost down further
- Harvest : we harvested the last of the squashes and a couple of cucumbers and some salad for the 'Come Dine With Me' project
|A late season cucumber|
|Onion (electric) in it's new hole|
|Last of the squashes...|
|Turning the compost|
|Lighting the bonfire|
|Cutting the path straight|
|Cutting the wood for the stakes|
|Knocking the barrier into place|
|Nailing the boards to the stakes|
|Planting out the potted strawberry runners in the extended strawberry bed|
|Last of the strawberry runners in before the winter|
|View from the plot, November 15th 2012|
Hopefully more to report from the allotment if the weather stay fine next time...